Dr. Chua Teck MeanPrincipal
- Dr Chua Teck Mean (TM Chua) is the Founder and Principal consultant of Biogard Asia (M) Sdn Bhd.
- He has had extensive experience in biosafety and biocontainment for over 25 years, where he served as WHO technical advisor (infectious diseases control) and sat in the Biosafety Advisory Group (BAG) for WHO Biosafety and Biosecurity from 2005 to 2010.
- Dr Chua also had served as Biosafety Consultant for the United Nations – FAO in laboratory capacity building for diagnostic reference laboratories in 7 countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Dr Chua was the recipient of the Arnold Wedum Memorial Lecture Award (1st Asian & only Malaysian) from the American Bio-Safety Association (ABSA) in 2008 for his contribution to biosafety.
- Dr TM Chua is an IFBA certified (International Federation of Biosafety Association) biosafety professional and trainer for WHO in the GPP- ASEAN Biorisks Management Workshop.
- He has been the specialist consultant for many biocontainment projects in Asia, including BSL3 Labs, ABSL3 Labs, Animal Research facilities, Animal SPF facilities, Vaccine Production GMP Facilities with BSL3/ABSL3 facilities, UNOPS Tuberculosis BSL3 Reference Laboratories, GLP facilities for CROs, etc.